Re: OT: about compressed tarball

Hi Tony,

Tks for your advice.

> I would guess you would want to use tar's --listed-incremental
> feature, but
> you'll have to start over.  "info tar".

Summing up your advice as well as other info on Internet searched
previously I think "tar" won't be the compressing tool for my
application.  What I need are;

1) create a new compressed tarball in a faster way starting on the old
compressed tarball instead of starting over.

2) remove subdirs and files on the old compressed tarball which have
been deleted

3) add new subdirs and files on the new compressed tarball
etc.

What will be the right tool for me?  Any suggestion?  TIA

B.R.
SL