Re: ZFS: Ten reasons to reformat your hard drives

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 12:03 -0600, Aly Dharshi wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> > B. CDDL might be OK for Fedora, but it's not OK for kernel tree people;
> > Until ZFS enters the main tree, ZFS is of little interest for Fedora
> > (and/or this list)
>
> 	Don't think so, I would be very interested in the a ZFS for Fedora even if it
> was something that was just for Fedora, or if someone did up a module that I
> could yum into the kernel via a 3rd party site, it maybe a better statement that
> it may not be of interest to yourself at this point and time as it stands to but
> to generalize this is wrong. If there is a discussion about ZFS and how it
> pertains to Linux/Fedora this would be an okay place to discuss it in my opinion.
>
> 	There are I am sure a variety of things that are not okay with the kernel folk
> that maybe supplied as 3rd party stuff to make things work.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Aly.

Oh... guess I was too harsh.
Never the less, currently there's no kernel-based ZFS module (that I'm
aware of), in-tree or 3'rd party... AFAIK (and correct on my this
one...) even the fuse implementation isn't available yet.

This discussion, at least for now, is useless...