From: Brian D. McGrew
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 8:11 AM
To: 'For users of Fedora Core releases'
Subject: Sendmail not using NIS alias files

I posed about this once before and never saw a response; hopefully
someone knows :-)

I'm using NIS and sendmail is fine on all my Solaris boxes but on Linux
it doesn't seem to want to consult my NIS alias file.  On Solaris if I
'mail brian', it gets redirected to my alias; but on Linux if I 'mail
brian' it gets delivered locally.

What am I missing?  What do I need to do to make sendmail consult the
NIS alias files???

Thanks

:b!

Brian D. McGrew { brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx || brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx }
--
> This is a test.  This is only a test!
  Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been
  told to cancel this test and seek professional assistance!