Re: LAMP on Fedora

I always install my db and web server from source as it allows you to have so much more control. If you're not going to use that extra control though I'd just use the packaged versions. When you feel you've outgrown the packaged versions then you're ready for source. I use my own makefiles to configure and build all the components myself which is pretty handy since you probably won't remember the exact steps you use if you aren't writing it down in some way.