Re: Anacron pre-link problem (FC4)

Anne Wilson wrote:
On 21/06/06, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
> This morning, while anacron was running, I suddenly had 100% cpu
> usage.  I immediately started top and caught a brief glimpse of
> something with 'hal' in the name, then 'prelink' took over, claiming
> 99% cpu.

Hmm - I killed it.  I wonder if it will know that it was incomplete
and sort itself out next time?

Anne

Prelink started up on every cron run. I renamed it when it was bogging down the system or moved the cron file.
.
Prelink is getting less CPU intensive in later days. (Or it is still disabled on my system.) I am running deveopment and prelink does not hit high CPU usage as in the past.

I barely recall FC4, but the problem I had was between FC4, the development phase toward FC5. It never seemed to be a problem when I used FC5 regularly though.

Is there any reason that you installed FC4 instead of FC5 at this time? FC4 will become unsupported when FC6T2 is released. FC6T1 is released already.

Jim

--
An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because
people refuse to see it.