Re: New FC5 installation Package manager can not find installation files

pansy309@xxxxxxx wrote:
I installed FC5 with CD's. Hooking up to a network is impossible right now because I haven't installed the modem.  I thought I could use Yum to do this.  I have in the past had SUSE 6 and Redhat 9 and both of those distributions had packages in the CD's. I thought I could install the modem that way. Can somebody head me in the right direction on installing the modem? It is a Lucent mars type winmodem and should work with the ltmodem drivers. Problem is a catch 22 right now as I can't access the internet without a modem, and can't get the driver without the internet.  The computer is a Compaq Armada laptop, and it does not have a serial port so I can't hook an external modem to it, if I had one. Any help with this will be appreciated.

Try here for a way of getting Add/Remove Software to work with your CD images:

http://www.city-fan.org/tips/YumRepoFromImages

I'm not sure it'll help with your modem issue though.

Paul.