Re: kdewebdev replacing tidy?

On 06/21/2006 09:25 AM, Craig White wrote:
On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 08:42 +0200, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
On 06/21/2006 08:40 AM, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
I seem to have missed something. Why is tidy replaced by kdewebdev?
Forgot to mention, this was on a Fedora Core 4 system.
----
Tidy is used by kdewebdev (aka quanta+) and not only is it not replaced
by kdewebdev, it is a very handy tool to have installed with kdewebdev.

Yes, it is, tidy that is, a very handy tool, I like it allot.

The tidy package is replaced, here is the output from yum update this night:

Installing:
kdewebdev i386 6:3.5.3-0.1.fc4 updates-released 9.4 M
     replacing  tidy.i386 0.99.0-4.20041214

There is a tidy binary in the kdewebdev package, I have not checked if it is the "real" tidy, or a variant of it. It would be better, IMHO, to let tidy be a package of its own, and set a dependency for tidy in kdewebdev, this not to demand a lot of dependencies for those who want tidy, but not kde or quanta.

I think that this would mean that tidy have to be moved from extra to core, as, if I remember correctly, packages in core may not have dependencies for packages in extra.

Perhaps you got tidy installed from a repository that isn't compatible
with the repository you are getting kdewebdev.

It is from Fedora Core 4 Extras.

Try removing tidy and then installing kdewebdev and tidy in the event
you have changed your repository setup.

I removed kdewebdev and the dependencies it installed and will install the cvs version of tidy, this as I have no need for the dependencies installed by the update/replacement of tidy package. I have that arrangement on my FC5 systems.

I will check my FC5 system to see if tidy is replaced with kdewebdev also on that system when I get home from work.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars@xxxxxxxx>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/