Re: Way OT: metasend and attachments

Mike McMullen wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Greshko" <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/linux/cmd/cmd.csp?path=m/metasend
>>
>> Is one place that explains it all....
>>

> Thanks Ed. That's essentially the man page prettied up.

Yes, and I thought that's what you were looking for....  Sorry.

> However being no MIME expert nor even a novice... ;-)
>
> I sent myself some attachments and looked at the message sources
> and cobbled this together that seems to work:
>
> metasend -b -f My.html -m "text/html" -n -f MyWord.doc               -m
> "application/msword" -D "MyWord"               -s "Test Email" -t
> myname@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> So if anyone else is as MIME ignernt as I are, use the above
> substituting the appropriate content type and content description.
>
> Additional files can be added by repeating options -n -f -m -D
> for each file.
>
> Live and learn,

FWIW, metasend is rather old, I think.  I've not used it in ages.  I
thought it would use the /etc/mime.types file to equate the doc
extension with application/msword such that you need not use the -m
parameter.

Ed

--
I'm mentally OVERDRAWN!  What's that SIGNPOST up ahead?  Where's ROD
STERLING when you really need him?