Re: c++ programming evironment (Todd Simi)

Do be careful about use of features of the language. Visual C++ 3.0
is pretty early on and may have some limitations 5.0 and 6.0 don't
have. And I am sure current gcc++ is more accurate for C++ and has
extensions VC++ does not understand. But for beginning work that
should not be a big problem.

Good luck with the course.
{^_^}
----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Simi" <tsimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

Sorry, I meant Visual c++, not virtual.  Anyway, the professor is going
to have us turn in the printed output of our programs, and email the
source code to him as an attachment.  He stated we can develop one
whatever platform we choose.  But, he must be able to compile and run
the program from the attachment in Visual C++ 3.0.  He gave us a link to
download Visual C++ 5.0 free from M$.

When he demoed using Visual C++, I was pretty amazed at how easy
development could be.  I've been programming on PICK systems for about
20 years (talk about a basic interface), and for about 6 years I've been
supporting Linux as the host machine running PICK as a virtual machine.
I'm looking forward to learning this new more
transportable/acceptable/marketable skill.

Thanks for the responses, I'll check out those environments.

Todd