Re: Doubt about lm_sensors.

Vinicius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm confusing about the configuration of the lm_sensors through
> sensors-detect because at the end it says to put the commands below
> inside of a /etc/rc* file. Does it means /etc/rc.local for example, please?
> modprobe i2c-isa
> modprobe eeprom
> modprobe w83627hf
> /usr/bin/sensors -s
>

> TIA,
> Vinicius.

For FC5, they end up in /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors and are loaded by
the /etc/rc.d/init.d/lm_sensors script. I am not sure of the exact
format of the /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors file. (I can not use it with
my laptop.) If I am reading things right, you would do something like:

MODULE_1=i2c-isa
MODULE_2=eeprom
MODULE_3=w83627hf

Then turn on the lm_sensors service and start it. One way to do it
is, as root, run:
chkconfig lm_sensors on
service lm_sensors start

Mikkel