Re: c++ programming evironment

jdow <jdow <at> earthlink.net> writes:
> It might be of interest to learn what form of output the professor
> accepts. If development is done on a 'ix machine the source code
> format might not be professor friendly.

Well, use ASCII (7-bit) characters only and run unix2dos on the sources before
sending/uploading them and the sources should come out as expected.

> (Fortunately with the
> Visual (not Virtual) C++ IDE this is not an issue.) If the professor
> wants executable files as well then an environment that produces
> output files suitable for a Win32 or Win64 (depending on the
> professor's environment) would be called for.

That would be MinGW. (Creates Win32 binaries, but Win32 executables run on
Win64 too.)
http://mirzam.it.vu.nl/mingw/
Sadly, the gcc-core RPM there doesn't include g++ (the C++ compiler), only the
C compiler, so get MinGW GCC from there instead:
http://bitwalk.hp.infoseek.co.jp/download.html

> {^_^}   <ob Joanne - does delivering the code to the professor
>         constitute "distribution" requiring that it be GPL? Don't
>         answer. I'm just being silly.>

If you don't use GPLed libraries nor borrow GPLed code, then nothing requires
programs developed under GNU/Linux to be GPLed.

         Kevin Kofler