RE: Enabling history keys

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 17:30 +0200, Fidel Leon wrote:
> Under SuSE (and Mandriva, if I remember correctly, and maybe others), you
> can start typing a command, and hitting TAB gives you the commands starting
> with the typed keys (not a need of hitting Ctrl+R).

Yes, that gives you tab-completion of commands starting with the same
set of letters, any commands, not a history.  You won't pick from the
most recent commands that you'd typed, that way.

> PrevPage, NextPage and so on work for navigating through the history.

Here, using BASH, cursor up and down work through the history, page up
and down go right to the beginning and end of the history.

I read messages from the public lists.