Re: Unofficial gdm 2.14.9 to fix autologin

Jason Montleon wrote:
I got sick of waiting for the autologin problem to get fix, as this is quite
a pain for me, and made my own rpm:
http://www.montleon.com/gdm-2.14.9-0.i386.rpm
http://www.montleon.com/gdm-2.14.9-0.src.rpm

and another user (fuxialis) compiled for x86_64:
http://www.montleon.com/gdm-2.14.9-1.x86_64.rpm

All that was done was to downlod the official 2.14.8 source rpm from Fedora
and install, copy the gdm-2.14.9.tar.bz2 file from the projects website into
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES, change the version in the gdm.spec from 2.14.8 to
2.14.9 and build the rpm. I know other were inconvenienced by this as well;
you can feel free to use this in the interim to get yourself working until
Fedora goes ahead and gets the official rpm out.

R/S
Jason

Thanks for your effort. I downgraded from the rawhide version to see if your effort also resolved the maximum cpu usage that I'm experiencing with both the FC5 version and the FC6T1 version.

Things remain unfixed too long for items such as gdm, firefox, etc.

Jim

--
Q:	How do you play religious roulette?
A:	You stand around in a circle and blaspheme and see who gets