Re: Historical accuracy

Craig White wrote:
On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 19:29 -0700, jdow wrote:
From: "Craig White" <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 09:54 -0500, Bill Polhemus wrote:
Joe Klemmer wrote:
Linux became GPL licensed on, if I remember right, February 1002.
Wow! Over a thousand years ago!

You'd think they'd have all the bugs worked out by now.
----
took them a long time to get the kinks out of bugzilla
You used past tense, Craig! Do you REALLY think Bugzilla is
much more than a bug in the bug reporting process?
----
hmmm...

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&component_text=&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=MODIFIED&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&fixed_in_type=allwordssubstr&fixed_in=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailreporter1=1&emailqa_contact1=1&emailcc1=1&emaillongdesc1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=jdow%40earthlink.net&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=exact&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

long link represents advanced query on bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla for:
bug owner, reporter, QA contact, cc list member, commenter is
jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

none found

are you suggesting that you have first hand knowledge regarding the
efficacy of bugzilla.redhat.com because there is no evidence that you've
been there or at least reported a bug, added your comments to a bug or
simply monitored a bug report.

I will report that I have reported bugs, added myself to bug reports and
have found that the system performed as I would expect it to. Perhaps
you've got something to contribute. Perhaps, you might want to step in
and help fix something that you think is broken. Perhaps you might want
to disprove the notion that I am getting that you are a embittered
fountain of negativity.

Craig

The address used for bugzilla could be different than the address used for this list. I use another address for bug reports.

Anyway, I really responded to ask a question regarding finding previously filed and resolved reports.

How would one find a bug report filed for an xorg-x11 problem relating to an 865G video? I wanted to extract the xorg.conf file from the previous report. I neglected to grab the xorg.conf file earlier, which would be simpler than querying bugzilla.

I changed the query setup for jdow to my bug reporting address and it only revealed 12 bugs that I commented on or submitted. For comparison, the my bugs link on the bottom of the bugzilla report shows that I have 7 bugs active.

I anticipated that the xorg-x11 bug that was never consciously resolved but accidentally resolved when the driver was revised to accommodate i830 dual head and broke the i810 video cards would show up in that query.

Any hints?

Thanks!
Jim

--
Finagle's Second Law:
	No matter what the anticipated result, there will always be