Re: Applications unusable

On 19/06/06, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 22:34 +0100, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Tried that yesterday when Amarok stoped working. And until K3B made
> it's noise I thought that the problem was with the soundcard.
>
> And no I've no internet on that machine! On the router the green light
> is lit, so it apparantly 'sees' the linbox, but the linbox doesn't
> even see then router when I use the router's IP address.

I was talking sound card and you are talking networking. I was able to
get some sound stuff to work before I changed the setting and rebooted
too but that fixed it for me.

well...how do you get the updates installed if you don't have it
connected?

what do you get when you type...

ifconfig

cat /etc/modprobe.conf

Craig

I went to sleep, and now the net is working again. The lack of
internet was only for about a half an hour before I went to sleep and
I was able to update  the machine for three days before that happened.
The post I made from the wifes winbox. At the time ifconfig was
"command not found" both for user and for root. Now, with the net up,
ifconfig shows what I'd expect.

Still, I cannot use Konqueror: "KDEInit cannot open /home/user" is the
translation of the error message that I get.

Dotan Cohen