Re: FC4 or FC5

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:21:20 -0500
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here are some links to help if you ever really want to do
> that research.  I couldn't find the actual page I wanted
> with the imaginative interpretation of a derived work in
> the RIPEM instance, but there is a summary on this page
> following some other interesting stuff:

Lol, if you ever want to understand how wrong your opinions
are, try rereading this thread.

> http://lwn.net/Articles/62446/

Previously read.

> Also, the need for this huge FAQ might give a hint about the complexity
> of the issues:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

Previously viewed.  The GPL is _very_ simple to understand, the legal system
unfortunately isn't so simple, especially when people want to play at the
edges of a license.  That's why I suggested you get a damn good lawyer
if you're the type of schmuck that thinks you DESERVE access to GPL code
without following the rules.

> A good comparison of the GPL and BSD licenses:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/bsdl-gpl/article.html

Lol, impartial there hey..

> And some complications of derivative works covered by the GPL:
> http://www.law.washington.edu/lct/swp/Law/derivative.html

Maybe will read it sometime, doesn't appear to interesting though.  Nothing
about the _intent_ of the GPL bothers me, I leave all the technicalities to
lawyers.

Cheers,
Sean