Re: audio on audacity (microphone input)

just answer myself. get some fix from
http://audacityteam.org/forum/thread/132

lsof lives here:

ftp://vic.cc.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/README

Any decent distribution should package it so you can install via your package manager.

aoss is part of the ALSA OSS compatability layer from the ALSA project. Again, should be a distro package for this.

You can't use audacity if there is a sound daemon running because audacity doesn't support the broken playback-only protocols used by sound daemons. You can try the emulation scripts like

$ artsdsp audacity

or

$ esddsp audacity

but the results are likely to be poor because of the extrac conversion and latency.