Re: Maxtor or WD?

> I was somewhat surprised that no one here had
> anything negative to say about Maxtor, so I
> thought I should post my experiences. I'm glad
> your experience has been different, sofar, but
> caveat emptor...

Actually, I posted early in this thread about how several Maxtor drives died on me and I had decided to never use Maxtor drives again. And I had mentioned that I (thought) I read somewhere that Maxtor doesn't fully support the standardized method for checking for bad spots on drives. I forget what that whole mechanism is called.

Rocco