Re: USB card readers

On Fri, 2006-16-06 at 10:52 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> I have not had a problem with FC4 recognizing readers.  What I have had
> is a problem with the reader recognizing the SD card.

Ah.  Yeah, that would be a pain.

> I just ran into a headache where two out of four USB card readers
> wouldn't read my 2Gig SD card.  This was in both Linux and Windows.
>
> I tried two different readers from one manufacture, one read and the
> other didn't.  The newer one was the one that didn't work.  Go figure.

Well, my primary concern is ensuring card readers are supported well.
If the card can't be read by the reader, back the reader goes and on to
the next model.  Simple.

However, thanks for letting me know.  You've probably saved me a few
hours of crying in the event the card reader is detected, but nothing is
read from the card.  I probably would have blamed Dave for lying.  :)

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu