Re: USB card readers

At 02:33 16/06/2006, you wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Are USB card readers (the type that support multiple "media" cards)
fairly well supported nowadays?  Could I go buy one, plug it into my
Fedora Core 4 laptop, and just have it work, or do I have to be careful
and buy only certain brands/models?

Thanks,

Ranbir

I've got a ZiO! USB card reader for SmartMedia. I've never tried it with FC4, but it works very well with FC5.

The only problem I have found is that the icon on the desktop does not change from it's mounted status after right click-safely remove, but it does in fact dismount it I think. Same for a digital camera we've got. I might file a bug about it one day if it doesn't get cleared up.

Dave F