Re: Dead disk

On 16/06/06, Styma, Robert E (Robert) <stymar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I realize I came into this discussion late and this may have already been
tried, but if you boot to single user mode via the recovery disk and run

fsck -c -c /dev/...

This will do a non-destructive check of all the blocks in the file system.
If the probem is caused by a disk problem, this may show it.

Bob Styma

I will try that. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://linux-apache-mysql-php.org/