Re: ssh-ing through an authenticating proxy server

Tony Crouch <acrouch2@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Now, my only problem is how to use ssh is such a way that it will accept
> a username and password in order to authenticate myself to get through
> my universities proxy server.

Is it possible to reach secure web sites (HTTPS) from the university? Then
you might be able to run the SSH server on the HTTPS port (443), and
instruct the SSH client to connect to this port instead.

My theory why this might work is that the connection is encrypted and
cannot be understood by the proxy, which could force it to just let it
through.

Regards
Ingemar