RE:Maxtor or WD?

> I bought a Maxtor 160GB 8MB cache IDE hard drive
> that Fedora Core 5 would not install to. I've
> replaced it with an identical Western Digita
> unit, and it's installing now. What would cause
> this, and how can I be sure that I won't get
> myself into another similar mess in the future?
> Should I file a bug?

I don't know if it's related, but I've replaced several Maxtor Drives and decided to go with other brands eventually. This could be due to the fact that the PC was open all the time and the drives weren't in their bay. Maybe they weren't being cooled properly. I see someone mentioned they run hot. But I never had a problem with any other brands. And did I read that Maxtor doesn't support all the features of proper error checking? I don't know much about that area, seems I read that though.

Rocco