Re: FC4 or FC5

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 16:38, jdow wrote:

> Heh, how many people on this list are using illegal software so that
> they can view their DVDs on Linux in the United States? In theory they
> are violating the GPL as well as US laws. But they don't care, unless
> I decide I want to develop a software widget that runs on Linux, does
> not come with source code, and costs money.

The illegal use doesn't bother me as much as the fact that
most people don't realize that it is only a matter of luck
that the software exists at all.  And it's not likely to
happen again for the next generation of hardware.  We'd be
better off if these illegal workarounds had never existed
so the situation would be better understood today,

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx