Re: Nvidia MX 4000 card locking up on FC5 as updated

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 6/14/06, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Charles Curley wrote:
>>
>> > An example from a working file. A clear statement, like "Use the
>> > following form: 'Option "NvAGP" "0"'." A clear statement like "Use
>> > exactly this form, substituting an appropriate integer."
>>
>> Yes, an example file from the Nvidia folks would have gone a long way.
>> They probably assume (there's that dangerous word) that people doing
>> this have experience in this area.
>>
>> You may want to send a suggestion to that effect to them.
>
> Well for those who are perplexed by manually configuring an xorg.conf,
> there's also the nvidia-xconfig utility which could have been used:
>
> nvidia-xconfig --nvagp=0

Right....  Or even "man xorg.conf" and/or man nvidia-xconfig to learn
the syntax/options of nvidia-xconfig.

I guess I wouldn't have used "perplexed"...."inexperienced" or "novice"
seems more appropriate.

--
Immature poets imitate, mature poets steal.
		-- T.S. Eliot, "Philip Massinger"