Re: Nvidia MX 4000 card locking up on FC5 as updated

Charles Curley wrote:

> An example from a working file. A clear statement, like "Use the
> following form: 'Option "NvAGP" "0"'." A clear statement like "Use
> exactly this form, substituting an appropriate integer."

Yes, an example file from the Nvidia folks would have gone a long way.
They probably assume (there's that dangerous word) that people doing
this have experience in this area.

You may want to send a suggestion to that effect to them.

But, you know, don't be surprised if they don't act.  They may be
concerned that some people will take the examples, copy and paste them
into their xorg.conf and expect them to work....causing other types of
grief for them.

You know what they say...Damned if you do...Damned if you don't.

> This is not the place to teach technical writing; it suffices to say
> that just because it is clear to you does not mean it is clear to
> anyone else.

Yep.  That's why when someone tells me that I say....  Yes, I didn't
know that...now I do.  If I'm in a sarcastic mood I add..."Guess you've
never found yourself in that situation, huh?"

--
Rap is to music what Etch-a-Sketch is to art.