Re: [ANN] stablemirror - a yum plugin for stable, up-to-date mirrors

At 12:54 AM -0500 6/14/06, Les Mikesell wrote:
>Yum, on the other hand, sees a current list of mirrors and
>should be able to do something intelligent, not psychic
>with them that would pick the same one for everyone at a
>location.  Trying the one closest alphabetically to the
>local domain name would be better than nothing but there's
>probably a way to do a real geo-ip match for the mirror
>nearest the proxy.

Alphabetically, hmm?  That would be "closest to L", for localhost, and we'd
all be using the same mirror.  Except you, of course.

You are asking yum and your web proxy to be psychic, and it won't happen.
Either do as I suggested, or set up your own repository that you control,
or quit bitching.