Re: [ANN] stablemirror - a yum plugin for stable, up-to-date mirrors

At 11:48 AM -0500 6/13/06, Les Mikesell wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 11:39 -0400, Tony Nelson wrote:
>

>> >Another kind of sorting rules can be the speed of the mirror.
>>
>> There is already a plugin (fastestmirror) that attempts to do that, based
>> on how quickly it can establish a connection.  I think that is the wrong
>> problem, as fast, incorrect mirrors are no better than slow, incorrect
>> mirrors.
>>

>> >I don't know Python, so I can't help you but I will read source.
>
>If someone is working on 'which mirror' solutions, is there
>some way to make all installations sharing a proxy server
>download from the same site so the cache does what it is
>intended to do automatically?

Well, yes, just set them all to use the same baseurl and not use mirrors.
You can set several baseurls if you want (see how livna does it).  I
suppose you could also use stablemirror, and list the mirrors you want in
the order you want.