Re: FC5 rpm database corrupt [Solved]

Claude Jones wrote:
On Wednesday June 14 2006 03:35, Paul Howarth wrote:
Anything you installed using yumex whilst the SELinux policy package was
earlier than selinux-policy-2.2.43-4.fc5 may have been installed
incorrectly, if SELinux was in enforcing mode at the time.

If you noticed lots of scriptlet issues whilst running yumex, you are
affected. I don't know how serious the problem is because I don't know
which scriptlets will have failed to run, and what the consequence of
not running those scriptlets will have been. Possible symptoms will
include duplicate packages in the rpm database, server packages
installed without the appropriate UID being set up and hence having
files installed as root instead of the required UID. If you think that
you are having issues like this, I would seriously consider
reinstalling.

OK - that's clear now. Thanks for the help - I'm monitoring things now. The only thing I've noticed is that I can't get Spambayes to run. That looks like this:

# python /usr/bin/sb_server.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/sb_server.py", line 112, in ?
    from spambayes.Version import get_version_string
ImportError: cannot import name get_version_string

Could this be along the lines you're talking about? Far as I can tell, Spambayes just installs a bunch of python scripts in /usr/bin when it installs - I haven't had the time to look into it farther. I do have it working on my other FC5 box, at work, which has been maintained in the same way as this one, though with a few more experiments...

I'm not familiar with spambayes or python really, but this looks like part of spambayes is missing. Was this installed from a rpm from somewhere?

Paul.