Re: Red Hat just ripped me off for $179.00

I'm sorry you feel that way.  I learn a lot from ready messages on this list even if I don't reply to any of them and can not contribute.  I have been happy runnning Fedora on my work laptop for years, Dell M70.   Currently running FC5.  I would donote money to improve Fedora however I doubt Red Hat needs my money and we use Red Hat at work so I do pay for Linux in some fashion.

On a side note:
     I have tried Debian and was not impressed, Ubunto is a much better release.  And I don't see where any one has called you an idiot, I had the same questions after reading your initial message.  I think more details in you initial message would have been better.  If sounds like you where happy with FC5 and thought RHEL WS would be even better - that does make since.  Like a few other responders said Fedora is what you will see in future releases of RHEL.  That being said, you get to see what features and tools RHEL will have in the future for free.  Should Red Hat refund your money, did you buy it directly from them or a 3rd party?  If you bought it from Red Hat I think they should refund your money and say, "Sorry, thank you for being a good  customer".  If you bought it through a 3rd party then maybe you can get you money back from them, however I doubt it.  I know $179 can be a lot of money, I paid for RH9 just to help support Linux.  It could be worse, you could be forced to run that other OS where you would have to pay $200 for the OS and another $200 for tools that try to keep it stable.