Re: X crashing system

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 17:17 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I doubt there is an obvious solution to my problem, but perhaps
> someone could tell me how to gather useful information that might
> lead to one?

One new data point. If I switch to the radeon driver, I can
restart the X server without the system crashing, but I can
only seem to get the radeon driver to work by adding the
option "MergedFB" "off" and no opengl programs seem to work
(although opengl does work with the radeon driver on SUSE -
go figure :-).