Seeking help configuring vnc

I have a server in a data center with great pipes to the net, and I have
associates who need to attach using vnc. Unfortunately, I can't test
whether I've got things working (because I'm blind), so I'd like to ask
questions here to help me get things configured. So, here goes ...

1.)	chkconfig vncserver on

If I understand the documentation I've read correctly, I only want to
run vncserver as a service if I want my users' sessions persisted. Is
that correct?

2.)	To ask the same question another way, any of my users who can
login to their shell account via ssh can activate vncserver whenever
they wish, is that correct? service vncserver does not need to be
started.

3.)	I see where each user needs to run vncpasswd, and where various
configuration options are creatable under $HOME/.vnc/xstartup. Is this
sufficient? Or, do I still need to list each user allowed to launch vnc
in /etc/sysconfig/vncservers?

I'm sure there will be a few more questions--especially about securing
things, but this will get us started nicely, I think. Thanks in advance
for your sage advice.

Janina

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.240.715.1272

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to http://ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.