Re: Timed and automatic login not longer automatic

Eric Brunson wrote:
oldman wrote:

Eric Brunson wrote:
<snip>

If this was intentional, then I'm totally against it.  I know they
requirements for my systems and I don't like people taking options away.
I cast my vote for "that sucks and whoever decided on it is a jackass".
 Breaking the autologin option was a bad design choice.

I doubt this is intentional. It is a gnome program, so they might be protecting us from our own desires. I've never attended a gnome sermon, but it sure must be enlightening.

The changelog for gdm in development doe not state intentional breakage via the gnome think tank. It only references early-login improvements.

Try removing rhgb from the kernel parameter ling in grub and add early-login instead.

 rpm -q --changelog gdm |grep auto
- Make early-login work with timed and automatic logins
- automake14 really needed, not automake
- fix build with current auto*
- put gdm-autologin pam config file in file list, hope
- automatic rebuild

Jim

--
Unix has this thing called "directories", which make it possible
for you to have multiple files with the same name on your disk.

	- Rik van Riel explaining the concept of directories