Re: Goto Command Line from Grub without X

I guess that I was not clear. I understand how to change the default action during boot by editing inittab. Sometimes however, as when compiling the nVidida linux drivers, I must be in a non-X environment without X running at all. In this case it would be nice to be able to boot to a non-X environment without editing inittab. Such as before grub we could enter Linux 3 at boot and go to a non-X system without the inittab edit.

Thanks,

Bob