Printing a message within kmail

I'm unable to print an email message from within kmail,
by clicking on File=>Print.
I get the message
"Connection to CUPS server failed.
Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running.
Error: host not found."
The server is listed as /var/run/cups/cups.sock:631 ,
which seems odd to me.

I should say that CUPS is working perfectly for me,
both on my desktop (the printer is attached to the parallel port)
and remotely on my laptop.

I'm running Fedora-5:
[tim@alfred ~]$ kmail --version
Qt: 3.3.5
KDE: 3.5.2-0.2.fc5 Red Hat
KMail: 1.9.1

I used to be able to print messages in kmail,
so presumably there has been some change in the setup.

I'd be interested to know if this works for others,
particularly those running Fedora-5.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366