DVD mount fails

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a very weird problem.
I'm trying to mount a perfectly good FC5/x86_64 DVD/ISO on my NEC DVD_RW
ND-3520A and no matter what I do it doesn't work. The same DVD disc (and
drive) worked just fine FC4.
I first tried mount the DVD from KDE, got a bad FS error.
Tried editing the fstab line and mounting from console, and got:
"mount: block device /dev/hda is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: you must specify the filesystem type"
fstab line:
$ cat /etc/fstab  | grep cdrecorder
/dev/hda                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

I tried manually mounting the image by hand (as iso9660):

$ mount /dev/hda /media/cdrecorder -t iso9660 -o ro ; dmesg -c
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

attempt to access beyond end of device
hda: rw=0, want=68, limit=4
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hda, iso_blknum=16, block=16

.. And as UDF (just in-case):

$ mount /dev/hda /media/cdrecorder -t udf -o ro ; dmesg -c
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

attempt to access beyond end of device
hda: rw=0, want=68, limit=4
attempt to access beyond end of device
hda: rw=0, want=1252, limit=4
attempt to access beyond end of device
hda: rw=0, want=1028, limit=4
UDF-fs: No partition found (1)

I tried two other DVDs and all failed, experiencing the same problem.
When I try to mount a normal CD, everything works just fine.

Any ideas?

Gilboa