Re: Anyway to Access LVM from Windows?

Hi Chris,
Chris Bradford wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm doing a bit of forward planning here. In the event of an os problem
and a user needed files off a hardrive with LVM is there any way to
access it from Windows XP Pro? I've found lots of ext2 ext3 viewers /
drivers, but none of them can access LVM's.

I suppose the other option would be to plug the drive into another Linux
box, would the LVM then appear under 'computer' or would I need to mount
it? If so is this a simple process even for an LVM?

Run Samba on you Linux and then you can mount your LVM filesystem to Windows.

Many thanks,

Chris Bradford
Cambridge Newspapers

Regards