Re: Anyway to Access LVM from Windows?

Chris Bradford wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm doing a bit of forward planning here. In the event of an os problem
and a user needed files off a hardrive with LVM is there any way to
access it from Windows XP Pro? I've found lots of ext2 ext3 viewers /
drivers, but none of them can access LVM's.

I suppose the other option would be to plug the drive into another Linux
box, would the LVM then appear under 'computer' or would I need to mount
it? If so is this a simple process even for an LVM?

Don't know about Windows but you should be OK on another Linux box as long as the volume group name(s) is/are different from any being used on the "other" Linux box. You would need to mount the logical volumes manually.

Paul.