Re: Zero sound from firefox

John Wendel wrote:
Steven Pasternak wrote:
Hi! I installed the latest firefox from mozilla in ~/firefox and have all of the plugins installed (realplayer, flash, mplayer), but I can't get any sound from it. If I go to a site that uses a flash movie with sound (purevolume.com), or even the real plugin (rhapsody.com, weather.com), I can't get any sound even if it says it does. I have everything on in the volume controller; nothing is muted. I even tried using root, with a fresh ~/.mozilla and I STILL get nothing. Is it mozilla.com's firefox or something deeper? Thanks!
-Steven

I once broke the sound in Firefox and Flash by building a system that didn't have the ALSA OSS emulation modules. Been doing any kernel builds?

Regards,

John

Sorry I replied once already, but I just found that all of the sound from firefox works great under icewm (self compiled), so gnome must be running some crap that isn't allowing access to the sound system. What could it be?
-Steven