Re: Zero sound from firefox

John Wendel wrote:
Steven Pasternak wrote:
Hi! I installed the latest firefox from mozilla in ~/firefox and have all of the plugins installed (realplayer, flash, mplayer), but I can't get any sound from it. If I go to a site that uses a flash movie with sound (purevolume.com), or even the real plugin (rhapsody.com, weather.com), I can't get any sound even if it says it does. I have everything on in the volume controller; nothing is muted. I even tried using root, with a fresh ~/.mozilla and I STILL get nothing. Is it mozilla.com's firefox or something deeper? Thanks!
-Steven

I once broke the sound in Firefox and Flash by building a system that didn't have the ALSA OSS emulation modules. Been doing any kernel builds?

Regards,

John

Nope! Just 2.6.16-1.2122_FC5 from updates and the nvidia driver from livna.
-Steven