Re: Evolution updates breaking Exchange?

---- Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 11:50 -0700, psnider@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.  I'm having the problem connecting to a MS exchange server using evolution imap.  Dovecot is not installed on the linux box.
>
> If you converted the existing account, evolution may have some problem
> with cached information.  Did you try adding a new imap account instead?
> I haven't done this update yet so you may have hit another bug, though.
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Les,
I found the problem by adding the account again.  It's due changes in encryption.  After changing the default acct. send/rec. encryption to be the same, the default account started working again.  Thanks....

On a side note, it really bugs me when local configuration modifications are not kept during an upgrade.  After upgrading and making the change for the encryption, some evolution view configuration was set back to default and the changes had to be applied again.

-pete