Re: NetworkManager Problems

I've been testing some more.  I was unable to log in, and started
re-tracing my steps. I turned off the "network" service, still no N-M
joy.  But I grew tired of typing in the key over and over, and I
installed the rpm gnome-keyring-manager.i386 2.14.0-1, and it would
not run because it could not connect to the keyring daemon.

Then I tried the MS Windows solution: reboot.

After using modprobe to load the ipw3945 module and loading the
userspace driver, then N-M did work.  After I typed in the WEP key,
then the gnome keyring manager popped up and asked for a password.
That's when I really knew I was in business!

Hypothesis 1:

what if N-M failed to connect with my WEP key because
gnome-keyring-manager was not installed?  N-M appeared to be doing
nothing, but maybe it was looking for the keyring manager?

Hypothesis 2:

Perhaps the NetworkManager RPM should have a pre-requisite of
gnome-keyring-manager.

pj