Another problem - keyboards!

After all the support I've received in the installation of OpenOffice.org I feel guilty of over-using this list, but...

I've configured my keyboard to be Generic 105 Key, UK format. This seems to have taken in that querying the keyboard produces the anticipated result, but the keys behave as with a US 104 key keyboard. i.e. The well known Pound, Hash, Dollar switch occurs, making life interesting to say the least. Is this a well known deficiency; is there anything I can edit manually, or am I stuck?

Peter HB