Re: Just another dependencies problem

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 22:46:16 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Jeremy Thompson <jeremy.a.thompson+FC <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>> On the verge of sounding like a terribly newbish user, this sounds
>> deviously
>> like my problem I posted previously.  But is there anything we can do
>> about it?  Or do we have to wait for the maintainers to rectify the
>> problem?
>
> --exclude=evolution-data-server* (or uncheck it from the list of
> upgrades if you're using Yumex or something like that). That at least
> will let you upgrade everything else. You won't be able to upgrade
> evolution-data-server until its reverse dependencies are rebuilt.

Would that it would! I had gotten so frustrated that I did "yum remove
gnome-panel" in order to get yum update to finish -- and now neither
--exclude=evolution-data-server* nor --exclude=evolution\* (which I had
just tried) does anything but get the same old same old.

I'm beginning to wonder if it would help to get out my FC5 DVD and
"upgrade" back to what worked ...

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler, Neo-
Redneck Retiree,  Not Quite Clueless FC Power User