Re: Kernel Differences Woes

Gilboa Davara writes:

I'm got a large number of HP wx9300 and Tyan Tiger/Thunder K8WE (all are
dual (dual core) Opteron workstations/servers based on the nVidia NF4
chipset) running FC4/64 and FC5/64 (and CentOS) without a problem.
All of them are SCSI based, so I can't really comment on problems with
the SATA controller, (I though.

Which SCSI controller are you using, and are any of the Opteron machine dual CPU, and do you use softraid?

It seems to me that the combination of Opteron dual CPU, SCSI, and softraid, is particularly lethal.