Re: Kernel Differences Woes

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 23:12 -0500, Rod Haper wrote:

Sam,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.  I guess I'll go ahead and file
bugzilla reports for the two systems but I won't hold my breath.  I've
searched bugzilla several times for similar problems without any luck.
I suspect the problem is related to changes in udev. In the meantime,
I'll just continue running FC4 with the old 1369 kernel.
I'm getting a new Athlon 64 machine this week (finally!!) to replace this ole AMD P3 clunker and I'm darn near seriously worried about installing FC5 to it. Is there a concensus of opinion that FC4 is more solid with Nvidia hardware? I'm getting some good stuff and I have to get into development mode with this machine, for serious... not a play-toy. Any thoughts? Advice? Caveats? Ric