Re: kde in extras - the devel discussion

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 08:45 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> > I wouldn't be sure. Though I on one hand agree that RH's work on KDE
>> > has not been a "proof of exellence", on the other hand, I think, a
>> > couple of overly ambitious KDE hackers in Extras could be harmful.

>> > C.f. my comment to 1) above.
>>
>> I'd hope such a large maintainership burden would be done by a team,
>> which certainly would include rh's current kde maintainer.

> IMO, it's only a matter of time until somebody will screw KDE and nobody
> will feel responsible - Up to now we all had RH's KDE maintainer to
> blame, but then we won't have him.

I take it, then, you don't have much faith in Extras *at all*.  The same
argument can be made against everything in Extras.

>> > 3. It would close out RH from a technology

>> IMO, simply being in Extras != "close out RH from a technology"

> 1. RH != Fedora !!!

true! Which puzzles me why you mentioned it, because it appears to weaken
the original assertion even more.

> 2. There are no FE CDs.
Coming soon!  (Or at least a method to create customizable Fedora
installation media using your choice of bits from Core+Extras).

> 3. anaconda is meaningless rpm-wise.

I don't follow here.

-- Rex