bcm43xx

I note that this driver module has remained unchanged from its original
FC5 release.

I also note that at the time I installed FC5 on this lappy, I either had to use an ethernet cable, or setup the system to use the windows xp driver with ndiswrapper, which I did and which seems to be working just fine as long as I keep NM disabled.

I know you all look down your noses at ndiswrapper users for religious reasons, but at the same time I do not see any progress being made to actually make the kernel module work either.

With HP shipping lappies useing the broadcom radio by the 50,000 lots, does it not seem expedient to at least setup a site where those of us who would like to help make this work could get some guidance in trying to make a switchable setup such that we could run wlan1 to test, and wlan0 to recover in case it doesn't work?

I think the natural tendency to run what works is getting in the way of any real progress in this area.

--
Cheers, Gene