Re: sendmail questions about deferred messages

Ambrogio wrote:
Il giorno lun, 05/06/2006 alle 14.31 +0100, Paul Howarth ha scritto:

maillog and procmail log are attached as zip file
I don't see any retries happening in the mail log; mail is taking up to 5 minutes to be delivered in some cases but it all seems to be getting through at the first attempt. I don't see anything unusual in the procmail log either. If you're having DNS issues then I agree that it would be a good idea to set up and use a caching nameserver on your own system.
It seems that bind on fedora is already able to forward queries and
cache replies.

Do you know about problems without modifying defaults?

The defaults should be fine if you don't have your own domain(s) to serve (install the bind-config package).

You need to make sure that /etc/resolv.conf has "nameserver 127.0.0.1" so that your own server gets used though.

Paul.