Re: FC5 Struggling with printers shares

2006/6/4, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32@xxxxxxxxx>:
I've experienced this.  On the machine that has the shared printers,
what have you done to open up the firewall and liberate permissions in
/etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow?  If you dont have an opening,
that print job from the other system can't get in.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science

Paul,

in my experience you don't need to open any door.
Please note::
1) the other server is working with same configuration, but I didn' t
use either printer graphical conficuration tool or CUPS after FC5
upgrade!!!
2) this server was working with exactly same configuration file but FC4
3) excluding cups-config-daemon and reconfiguring all printers (delete
and re-install printers) makes everything o.k.

Some CUPS guru should explain, but at least I am back in operation!!

Tnx
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag